3.06.2009

Friday Craft Day

Melissa and I were shopping a couple weekends ago at Tai Pan and Rod Works...home decor stores. There were so many cute things we wanted that I felt we were fully capable of making ourselves, we are pretty crafty girls. Melissa loved this feather egg wreath at Rod Works and I would not let her buy it because all it was was a straw wreath, feather boas and eggs...we could totally manage that and make it for less than $35. So she made me promise we would make them. We bought our cute eggs at Tai Pan that day and then waited to buy our boas til we had 40% off coupons. We had our first Friday craft day(neither of us work on Friday)and I have to say that it was a success. We whipped ourselves up some pretty dang cute easter wreaths. Granted, we really did not save much money making them ourselves, but the pride in the accomplishment and the memories that were made totally makes up for that.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Totally darling and totally fun! We need to do Friday craft day more often!

Amy said...

Am, the wreaths are so cute! I love crafts and cute home stuff. Tai Pan is one of my favorite stores, but way to go on making them yourself!

Natalie said...

Way CUTE! I see things sometimes and think I can make it, but I usually never do! So I am so proud of you! Those are way fun.