7.24.2009

campout in Ogre's house

mom, dad, jason, owen, nixon and i started a new family fun activity this 24th of july. my parents have a playhouse in their backyard that my sisters, cousins, friends and i all made great memories in during our childhood. somehow the playhouse ended up being a storage shed for my mom and eventually was padlocked. it was heartbreaking. well, my mom and dad got it all cleaned out one weekend and surprised the grandkids. me and melissa were just as excited as the grandkids were.
owen has called it the ogre's house(as in Shrek)for the last couple of months. shrek, princess fiona, puss, donkey and charming all live there according to owen.
anyway, since just the six of us were home i thought we should relive some memories of the playhouse. we had a campfire and sleepover...it was the best! my mom has never, ever slept in the playhouse and dad and jason did not believe that she really would. thanks for proving them wrong mom..you rock!
nixon loved his first campfire
owen and grandpa built us a great fire. my parents got a few huge pine trees cut down this summer, so that is why we had a place to build a fire.
we had a delicious weenie roast. best hot dog ever is one cooked over a fire.
and of course...s'mores!

we rented Bedtime Stories(super dumb movie) and watched it in the playhouse on an old tv my dad brought out.
owen slept so good!
the playhouse was packed with 5 of us on the floor and nixon in his pack 'n play, but it was totally worth it! thanks mom and dad for helping us make some great new memories.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you had a good time, looks fun!! Umm, you didn't like Bedtime Stories???

Whitney Easton said...

looks like fun! i really want to see Nixon!

Melissa said...

I still can't believe mom and dad slept out in the playhouse. I wanna do it!

Jason said...

Your mom slept out there only because I said she wouldn't. Just a little reverse psychology. That was my plan the whole time.

Melissa said...

Oh Jas! You know how it's done!