12.06.2008

TIMMMMMBER

Chopping down the Christmas tree is definitely one of my new favorite traditions. I never did this until Jason and I got married. I didn't know you could really do it, cause they don't let you anywhere around here. Jason shared the exciting news that you can get a tree permit in Preston and cut your own Christmas tree down in Strawberry canyon! We have done this every year but one since we have been married. Melissa and Steve have joined the tradition and I hope we never stop doing it.
Owen had a great time this year. Running through the snow, looking at all the trees, laughing at Uncle Steve. It was so fun to watch him. I found a tree I liked right away, but we kept looking. We eventually went back to the first one and chopped it down. Melissa and I were happy that there was some snow in the canyon, cause there is none down here.

Jason and Owen checking out the trees

We found one we liked and down it came


So happy running through and playing in the snow



After all the hiking and chopping we stopped at pizza villa for lunch then headed home to get our trees up. Thanks Melissa and Steve for the fun tradition!

3 comments:

angela said...

i really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish I could get in on this tradition...i am a little jealous, maybe we will do it here next year!!!

Melissa said...

No- Thank YOU for the tradition! I'm so glad you let us come with you. It is one of my favorite things to do for Christmas! And I loved watching Owen- he is so cute! Ang- you should totally do it next year with us!

Cali said...

Owen is such a cute little man! So- I came to see you when I was home for Thanksgiving.. but you weren't home. I just dropped by, and went to see fleda. I will call you and come by again soon? I wanna see you and that little ladies man....