5.10.2009

Mother's Day

I can't think of anything that I would rather be. Owen has made my life so happy! He has changed me so much and has made me a better person. I know he is only 2, but the kind of change you take on when you become a mom is undescribable. I always knew that I wanted to be a mom someday, but I didn't realize why until I actually became one. I feel so blessed to have Owen in my life and for the opportunity to bring another child into the world.






My mom is the most selfless, giving person I know. I don't know how she does it, or why sometimes, but she is always there to help no matter what. She has a tender heart and a sensitive soul. She does not like to see people suffer. More than anything, she tries to make everyone happy, make everyone feel special. She is one of a kind. I know that I do not possess this characteristic, not like my mom, and I hope that one day I will be just a little bit like her in this way.
She is the Grandma that every kid dreams of. Her neighbor just told me the other day, "your parents put all other parents and grandparents to shame." and she is right. I loved my Grandma and Grandpa very much, but I did not call them and talk to them for hours on the phone or tell my mom that I was going to live with Grandma until I was 18. The grandkids all love her and I am so thankful for the time she makes for Owen. I don't know what we would do without her. Owen loves her so much!
Thank you mom for everything! Thank you for being there for me and for loving me no matter what. Thank you for talking to me everyday and for missing me(or at least for saying you do)on my days off. I love you!


** I know that Mother's Day is not a celebration for everyone and my heart goes out to you if you are one of those women feeling pain, loss or sorrow today. I truly hope that those feelings will not last and that you will find peace and joy in life. I know that God has a plan for each one of us and that you will find happiness someday through the pain you are feeling today.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amy, I totally agree about being a mom. It is the most amazing thing ever. It's crazy how much it changes your life and makes it so much better. Happy late Mom's Day. I'm so excited for you to have your baby!

TanDee said...

Hey!! You are so darn cute! Let's play!! Being a mother truly is the greatest ever!!

Becky said...

Cute post Amy! Tell Mrs. Linda that I love her too, she was my 2nd mom. I still love seeing her and giving her a big hug. You're a great mom, keep it up!