6.21.2009

DAD'S


the relationship between jason and owen is indescribable. owen loves his dad so much! owen makes jason a better person. he makes him laugh and he reminds him what's important in life. being a dad has changed jason so much...in such a good way. i know that these two will always be best friends. i love owen's dad!

my dad is the hardest worker i know. the older i get i have started to grasp all the lessons my dad has taught me. he supported his 6 girls no matter what we were doing. i played sports, so i think that took me up a notch in his book, not having to sit through my dance reviews...just kidding, but maybe. my favorite memories of my dad are memories of him tucking me and melissa in at night. he would sing to us and tell us stories. i love my dad!

jason's dad. raised jason to treat women with respect. raised him to stand up for himself and to be himself. raised him to be trustworthy and dependable. he welcomed me into his family with no judgement, just love. he treats me like a daughter. he dances like it's nobodies business and he likes making people smile. he tells the same stories over and over again. he would really like me to know and have an opinion about the political world. he would do anything for his family. i love jason's dad!

i don't know what we would do without father's. women are pretty incredible people, but there are two sexes for a reason. there are things that only a dad can do, teach, or understand and i am so grateful for all of them in my life!

2 comments:

angela said...

ok so that is why dad likes you better...that is making a lot of sense now!!!

our dad is great and so is jas!!

Melissa said...

Those are three great dads right there! I loved it when dad sang to us! Even if he didn't know all the words.

Anybody got a spoon!