9.04.2009

trampoline sleepover

Jason had to stay up late last night doing homework and waiting for Jennifer to get to our house(flying in from Cleveland) so Owen and I decided to sleep on the trampoline at Grandma and Grandpa's. It was Owen's first time...pretty exciting. We got all settled and snuggled and then he said "what we doin out here mom?" We looked at the stars and talked for about 10 minutes and then he decided he wanted to go inside and play. I explained that we were sleeping outside and tried to tell him how fun it was but he started crying. Grandma came out and snuggled with him for a while and got him to stop crying. I sang Rock-a-bye-Baby probably ten times and he was fast asleep. It took me a while to fall asleep cause I got a little nervous. The huge pine trees that used to protect mom and dad's backyard were cut down this summer, so it felt a little too open and unfamiliar for me. Plus, I always convince myself that someone is waiting to attack.

We woke up super early and watched the wild animals enjoy the morning. All sorts of birds and squirrels running around making loud noises. Owen said he had fun sleeping on the trampoline.

No comments: