11.08.2008

did you buy it or rent it?

Here is the short verison of one of the nicest stories you will hear this year. Angela posted a picture of Amberly and her kids testing out the trikes at Utah Trikes in Spanish Fork on her blog. She wrote about how Amberly has always wanted a bike and how much she would love to get one. One of the sweetest girls I'll ever meet read this blog post and decided that Amberly had to have the trike. She has never met Amberly. She asked for donations for the trike on her blog so Amberly could have her first bike. People that know Amb and complete strangers donated up to $400 to get Amb this trike. Kellye, thank you so much for your kindness towards our sister. I know that a lot of people donated money(thanks so much to you too), but this would have never happened without you. Kellye and Jon are what this world needs a little bit more of. The love and kindness people show towards Amberly is so awesome. It truly amazes me and inspires me. Amberly misses out on a lot of things and being able to watch her get her first bike was incredible. I will never forget this.
Rich opened the garage door and Amberly ran over to the bike,

"who's is this? did you buy it or rent it?"

She checked it out a little more and Angela told her it was hers.
Melanie explained that Kellye and everyone there helped buy the bike for her. She was touched. It was the best day of her life. Of course she ran around and hugged everyone. I think she was still kind of in shock.

She got on and dad ran behind her as she rode. The brakes will take her some time to get used to, but she loved it! She even had her first crash. Apparently she needs to learn to balance her weight a little better when she turns corners on hills. She got a cut in her nose, but was a good sport about it and kept on riding.
She looks so cute on her new bike!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That was such a fun day!

Cali said...

That is the coolest story ever. Thanks for making my day. Miss you guys!

TanDee said...

Holy crap, that is so nice!! I LOVE Amb!! She is so freakin cute!

Kellye said...

Thank You all for sharing your sister with us. She was so sweet and I could not have been happier. It was seriously one of the most memorable moments in my life. Oh Yeah!

Becky said...

That brings tears to my eyes! Amb is such a bright spot in everyone's lives. Can't wait to see her riding it.

Becky said...

ps I hope you don't mind, I put this story on a link on my blog.

Bre said...

What a wonderful story! I agree we do need more people out there like that. This made me cry as I went through each pic. You have an amazing family, and I just love Amb, she is the happiest person I know, I LOVE her laugh! I am so excited for her, no one deserves it more!