4.05.2009

Richie T and "himming"

Jason had a mission reunion this weekend. I was not real excited about going, but our friends promised to go if we did, so that made it okay. He served in the Cleveland, Ohio mission. We went back a few years ago and I still crave the donuts from Little Italy...seriously, my mouth waters when I think about them. When we were walking into the church I remembered that Richie T from x96, Radio from Hell producer served in the same mission. The chance that he might be there made things much more exciting to me. I get pretty excited about anyone with any sort of fame...I caused a scene in the mall over one of the Aggie basketball players dad's...yeah, kind of a dork, but I get star struck. I think it's because I always wanted to be famous. I am still planning on my big break out role coming any day now. Anyway, Richie T did show up and of course Jason told him what a big fan I was and then I sort of made a fool of myself pretending like we were friends and taking our picture with him, but whatever, he is a nice guy. Aside from Richie T and meeting Laney the mission reunion was pretty much what I expected. Jason did get us a hotel room in Salt Lake though, so it was totally worth it.

Richie T

President and Sister Cutler(Jason LOVED his mission President!!!)



We stayed at The Hilton. Owen was so excited to go "himming"(that is how he says swimming, in case you didn't catch on). We got to the hotel around ten and went swimming for about an hour. The pool was cold and even though his teeth were chattering and his lips were purple, Owen did not want to get out. I remember being the same way. It's funny how you tolerate anything when you are a kid just for a little bit of fun. We went to bed late and woke up really early, which kind of sucked, but did give us time to drive to Dunford Donuts and then come back and swim a little more.


Getting ready to check out. That is the face I get when he says cheese.

After we checked out we met Angela and her kids and Melissa and Steve at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. The line was super long and there was not enough tables to accommodate the crowd. It was a little pricey for a burger joint for me and not really anything too spectacular. But it was worth trying. I definitely won't be dying to go back. After lunch we hit up target and then headed to Spanish Fork for the rest of the weekend. We always have a good time in Spanish Fork...especially when we get to go to Macey's twice in one night, go to Shopko just to get the new Orbit gum flavors and enjoy a good game of Nertz with Rich!

3 comments:

angela said...

oops...you weren't supposed to tell melissa that rich played nertz with you because he never plays with her...can of worms wide open!!

Melissa said...

Seriously Rich....he's going down! I begged him to play Nertz with us last time we were there.
I heard Richie T talking about his mission reunion and he said that a couple guys came up to talk to him only because of their wives. He doesn't look that bad in your picture. Jas - you should hook him up with Monica!

Angela said...

Love the look on Owen's face in the first pic! lol