8.18.2009

White Pine Lake

Jas and I went backpacking up Tony Grove to White Pine Lake. We met Jason's friend Luke and his girlfriend Sheena up there. It was just an over nighter. I think it's about 8 miles round trip. It was really beautiful and more fun than I thought it would be, probably because Jason hauled the 45 lb backpack and I had a 5-10 lb pack.
Luke found a cave that he wanted to go explore. It was very steep and rocky getting there, but it was pretty impressive. I was a little worried about cave monsters, but luckily we did not see any. It was kind of a creepy cave, like one out of Indiana Jones. It went back pretty deep, but Sheena and I opted to stay in the mouth of the cave while the boys shimmied inside the crevasses.
It was pretty dark inside the crevasses but Jas still took a few pictures.
Luke and Jas being cool.
Sheena went down bumb style most of the way. It was a little treacherous.
Boys being boys. Seeing if they could throw rocks into the lake from our campsite. Of course they didn't stop until they did it.
Then they wanted to see the girl's skills. We were not even close.
Heading out.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It is beautiful up there. I love the rock throwing pictures!

angela said...

beautiful...i want to go!! that really looks like a fun time!! lets do it!!