8.21.2009

ZOOM ZOOM

Goodbye old Honda. You will be missed...
...sort of.Two car seats in the back of the Honda left us with little to no room. We could not take any other passengers and with two strollers in the trunk I could barely fit groceries in the car. Jason agreed to go and "look" with me. Before the Accord we had a Mazda 3 wagon and I loved it. I have been dying for a Mazda CX-7 since they came out. A cross over that gets pretty good gas mileage. So, looking at cars I thought we would be looking at the CX-7's but when we got there Jason thought it made more sense to get something bigger than a 5 passenger(since that is what we already had). Jason has always talked about getting a mini van and has not showed any interest in an SUV of any type(besides a Navi..get real Jas). Apparently he was not serious about his mini van comments which I was relieved about cause I never really saw myself driving one, especially at 27 years old and two kids. I don't have anything against the mini van though, just not really for me.
Anyway, we decided to focus on the CX-9's. We test drove at least 4, maybe 5. We had an awesome salesman, Karl, who actually started us in the cheapest one, which we were both surprised about. I liked it, but didn't fall in love. Then we just kind of went down the line and when we test drove the silver 2008, I fell. I loved it and so did Jason. A car lot in Orem went bankrupt so Bountiful Mazda got some of their inventory. It was a brand new 2008 with 190 miles on it. After 6 hours with Karl, we finally bought the car. I was worried that Jason would have buyer's remorse, but he was just as happy about the purchase. I am very excited to have our family grow in this vehicle.
Owen went with us and was a very good boy considering the situation. At one point we had to strap him in his car seat in the dealership, but even still, he was pleasant. When we left the dealership we was talking about "ours awesome new car" and calling it Megatron. Karl hooked us up with some free Mazda stuff and so I had Owen model it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love yours awesome new car!