8.20.2009

someone's garbage ... my treasure

I have been wanting a bookshelf for all of Owen's books. They are always all over the living room and so I just wanted a cheap little one. I asked my mom if she had one I could use cause she has a garage and three rooms full of randomness. One day we were going down town together and my mom spotted this bookshelf next to a dumpster in the USU student housing parking lot. We turned around and decided that this old dresser with three missing shelves would be perfect for me. My mom has an eye for spotting this kind of stuff. So I called my dad to come and load it in his truck. I said, "Hi dad, can you come to the dumpster and load up an old dresser for me?" He said, "no!"(remember how I said my mom has room fulls of randomness...thus the response. He did not want more "stuff"). When I told him it was for me, he was relieved and happy to come help. Soon after, I got a call from Jason and he asked what I was having my dad do and I told him loading a bookshelf. He asked how much it cost(with some irritation in his voice) and I said, "Jas, it's free...it's garbage." I think this made him a little more irritated. Anyway, me and my mom got a good laugh out of the men's reactions.
BEFORE

DURING

FINAL PRODUCT
It ended up costing me $10. Not bad at all. Jason even made it shorter for me so it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It is soooo cute! I love the little bottom drawer and the cute paper you put down! I redid an old changing table for Parker, but it didn't turn out near as cute as this! Oh, and I saw that you left me a message on my blog and texted me about Nixon's blessing. Sorry, we were out of town over the weekend, but thanks for the invite!!!

Melissa said...

Really cute! I love it! And I really love dad and Jason's reactions...men!

Angela said...

That's cool Amy! You creative girl you!!!