7.29.2008

24th of July

Okay, late post. So Jason had to work because Idaho does not recognize Utah's pioneer day as a holiday(lame!) The day started out fabulously. Owen slept til 11:30 and I slept until 10:30!!! I cannot remember the last time I slept that late. It was great. I got laundry done and then we decided to go to the bakery and take donuts up to my mom, dad and sisters. This is the worst part of the day...the bakery was closed, of course. I should have known, but I didn't even think about it! Lucky for me, Monica made delicious cinnamon rolls for our very late breakfast.
Owen and I suited up and went outside to fill up some pools and run through the sprinklers. Owen is not a big fan of the water, so I was mostly playing by myself, until Dad came out in his swimsuit. Thanks for jumping on the tramp and running through the sprinklers with me dad...you are the best!(you know you are too big to jump on the tramp with the sprinkler underneath when you actually hit the sprinkler, kinda sad)
Later we had a cookout, threw the football around and then went to Charlie's for a milkshake. It was a very different 24th than we are used to but still lots of fun!






We would complain about having to watch my cousins play in a volleyball tournament all day on the 24th because it was always so hot and so long! I didn't think I would miss not doing it this year, but I was wrong. Breaking traditions is sad. I missed you Keller Fam. So, so much!

3 comments:

angela said...

Yes its true...we have our own 24th traditions now but I do miss the hot volleyball games but mostly just the KONG cones and Marcus!! That is weird to see only 1 picinic table for dinner.

Melissa said...

I kinda miss the willow park tradition too! That is great that dad jumped on the tramp with the sprinkler with you - he's always up for a good time!

Jeff said...

Look at all the Olivers! I'm glad I spotted your blog and it was good to visit at firehouse a while back. Hope all is well.