7.14.2008

** don't get comfortable **

This is from now on my new motto to live by. There is no sense in getting comfortable with anything cause as soon as you do, boom baby, change happens! I am okay with change, I know it's got to happen in order for me to become a better, stronger person...but seriously, can't I just enjoy finally knowing, liking, appreciating and getting into the groove of something just for a little while longer? This seems to apply to everything in life. As soon as you "get it" or start to really appreciate something in life, you are thrown a curve ball. Some recent examples in my life:
My job...change is inevitable as a government employee and I am totally used to it in this part of my life, but seriously, huge changes need allowance for adjustment! We merged with another department a year ago. I am finally in the swing of the new programs and policies and now implementation of an entire new computer system are in the works and I am on the training team starting immediatly! This is why love for my job is lacking.
Church callings...teaching Sunday school, not an ideal calling for me. Took a lot of getting used to and a lot of anxiety. I taught gospel doctrine to the entire youth in our ward(our ward struggles a little with organization). I love the youth in the ward. Seriously outstanding kids with so much potential and incredible testimonies! This is why I struggled with the calling, because I was teaching a broad range of ages and wanted to be able to teach the lessons just right for each individual teenager. So, I finally started to feel like I was meeting the needs of the class and Jason and I were talking about how much I really enjoyed my calling and yep, the next week I am meeting with the bishopric and being released and called to a new position. So now here I am again feeling inadequate and anxious.
Being a mom...Owen has been a really great baby. Laid back, easy going, happy. He has gone through his phases and I have adjusted. I felt like things were going really well, being a mom was hard, but really fun too. Well, Owen has learned "no" and to cry when unsatisfied about anything. Enough said. p.s. I still love the little man, just got comfortable and so he was forced to change!
My body...I am not one to complain a lot about my figure, not because I think it is beautiful, but because I don't put in the required effort to make it what I would like it to be. If I am not working on my abs, I shouldn't expect a flat stomach, right? Anyway, I came to terms that unless I was going to TRY to have a cute body after Owen was born, that I wouldn't. That was okay with me, I was comfortable with that. Apparently too comfortable! It's not okay with me anymore. Guess I am going to have to start participating in the exercise programs rather than just watching them(really, I have been known to do that).
These are the changes I am currently adjusting to. Now this may sound whiny, but that is not what it is...it is simply stating the obvious. I am all for change. It's got to happen and I will deal with it. I am just going to try to remember to always find something negative about whatever it is I am enjoying so that it will stay the same for a little while. Just kidding, but seriously.

4 comments:

angela said...

That was a great post and I totally agree...when I was a kid I couldn't wait to be an adult because I thought it looked WAY easier and you wouldn't have to go through as many changes and have as many challenges...well they should really teach a class about that to kids cause that is obviouslly DEAD WRONG. Being alive is really hard sometimes.

ps whats your new calling (I am Beehive advisor, don't know if you heard)

angela said...

Maybe you SHOULD come run the speedy spaniard with us...running is great exercise!!!

Melissa said...

That was a great post! I think that change sucks! It's true though, just when you're comfortable with something, it changes! What is your new calling? I've been telling myself I need to start exercising again, we should do it together!

Adree said...

Oh I say don't even bother with the whole body ting because just about the time you get thinking your looking ok is when number twowill come and it's all over again but even worse.