7.10.2008

Celebrating Independence

The 4th of July is one of my most favorite times of the year. It really is right up there with Christmas for me. It is a great time of year and it is the celebration of the greatest gift we have been given as individuals and also as a country. I am so, so greatful to be an American and to be free to choose. I am even more greatful for the men and women who have fought and given their lives so that I can continue to choose.
I love s'mores and I love Brinlie and her homemade firecracker!
We celebrated a little different this year. July 2nd, we had a weenie roast in Wellsville at the Clark's and watched the Hyrum fireworks from their backyard. There was no music to listen to with the fireworks, so me and Melanie sang patriotic songs. It was beautiful! We all had a really good time. Dad shot off the illegals Melissa and Steve got him for his birthday. Mom was not happy about it, but they were pretty cool. July 4th, Jas and I were in Lincoln City, Oregon. It's a city right on the coast and they had a show over the ocean. We set up on the beach. It was windy, chilly and rained a little. There were hundreds of people and they had bonfires. People shot off a lot of fireworks(cool ones that are not allowed in Utah) and then the firework show began and it was great. It was so fun to be on the beach and to see the fireworks reflect off the ocean. It was an experience I won't forget(also, no music set, so I provided the patriotic mood).

2 comments:

angela said...

that sounds sweeeet...i too have always wanted a beach bon-fire, so jealous!! can't wait to hear all about the trip!!

Melissa said...

It doesn't get better than that! I'm jealous.