6.09.2008

Missing S.F.

What an awesome weekend we just had. We went down to Spanish Fork on Friday night(6/6) to spend the weekend for Alexander's baptism. Amb drove down with me, Jas and Owen. We stopped to eat in American Fork at a burger joint called Chadders. We had never been there and discovered that it was the generic brand for In and Out Burger. It was delish! We made a quick stop at Target and headed to S.F. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from the weekend:

Late Friday night...
Amy: Alex, are you excited to get baptized or are you nervous?
Alex: I am excited, except I have to wear whitey tighties.
Apparently Alex is a boxer man. So Funny!
Angela to Alex: This is your last night of freedom...sin it up!
His baptism was Saturday morning, so I guess Ang wanted to do everything he wanted to do before he would be held accountable.
Saturday morning...
Angela: Why does Melissa like to cook?
Amy: I like to cook.
Angela: food?
Amy: Ye(about to say yeah but interrupted by...)
Amberly: I like food period!
Saturday night at the Noni gardens, me taking pictures of myself...
Dad: (singing)you're so vain. You prob'ly think this song is about you, you're so vain(out of tune and all).
Saturday at the park taking Lilly down the slide...
Lilly: (getting to the bottom of the slide)Should we do it again?
We did it again and again. Such a cute little voice.
After the baptism on the way to the park...
Brinlie: (singing) I am a child of God and heeehehe is great.
I didn't actually hear this one, but Mel told me about it and I loved it!
In Sunday School...
Owen: (combing Steve's hair with a pick and then pointing to his beard) Eh!(shaking head with his face scrunched up)
The whole family was at the Cope's on Saturday and we all had a sleepover and went to church with them in the morning. It felt like we were all far away and on vacation. I wish it would have lasted much longer. Angela is a great hostess and it's always a good time at her house. I know that people have family all over the country and that we are lucky to all be so close, but still, Spanish Fork sometimes feels like a different country. I really miss Angela. It's just not right to have 5/6th's of the whole. Thanks for a great weekend Ang! Love you!

3 comments:

angela said...

Wow, you are on the ball...I need my computer back so i can gt updated too. The family picture turned out pretty good!! We had a great weekend didn't we? Let's do it again soon!!!

Melissa said...

I like the quotes! They all made me laugh! You are quite clever. Ooh and you got a playlist...nice!

TanDee said...

Hey Amy! Your family is so cute. I can't believe how old all your nieces and nephews are getting. And Alex is baptized!! That is so crazy. They are so cute! I miss my family. It really is hard being so far away from everything. Jake is in Utah right now at his brother's wedding, but my doctor wouldn't let me fly. It stinks! Well, I love all the pictures!