6.16.2008

Owen's Dad...My Dad

Dad's are the best men on earth. Everything they do is for their family, at least the Dad's I know. Owen really got lucky on this one. Jason is the best. He always has time to play with Owen. He is always willing to get him ready for bed, give him a bath, and even change his stinky diapers! Jason is always play wrestling with Owen and tickling him. Jason will tell Owen to put his arms up and Owen will get this suspicious look on his face and then start laughing cause he knows daddy is gonna get him. They are so cute together! I am so greatful that Owen is always going to have a hero, someone that he will always be able to look up to and someone that he will want to pattern his life after. I love you Jason, and even though it's only been one year...you are already so good at filling your role as daddy. Thank you so much for taking such good care of our little boy!

Jason and Owen - Father's Day 2008
My dad is definitley a hero of mine. Hardest worker I know. He has always had more than one job and yet he was always at every event my sisters and I participated in. He was always willing to play with us even after working for 12 hours straight. We kinda had him wrapped around our fingers, and still do! I know that he loves me so much and he has proven that over my lifetime that he would do anything for me. I am so greatful to have that kind of unconditional love and support. Tucking me and Melissa in at night, sleeping outside in the tent, shooting hoops in the driveway, throwing the football, swimming at Days Inn, pink mint walks...the list of memories and lessons learned from my dad is
endless. I love you Dad!

Dad and Me Father's - Day 2008
Some other Father's I definitely want to recognize are:
LaMont: Having a father in-law as welcoming and loving as he is makes being married that much easier. I am so greatful for the example he was and still is to Jason. I know that Jason looks up to him so much and I am so glad, because he is a great man. His wife and his kids are the most important things in his life. You can tell that by the way he treats them.
My brother in-laws Dave, Rich, Steve and John: For taking such good care of my sisters and my nieces and nephews. You guys are all great examples and you are all great dad's(and will be great dad's someday). I love having each one of you in our family!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, sis! Our dad is the best isn't he?! He has made some fun memories with us and there's plenty more where that came from!