6.19.2008

Office Shenanigans


Okay, I hate to admit this, but I have a pretty good time at work(most of the time). Work is the last place I want to be every morning. Seriously, have you seen my kid? Well, he's awesome and I would love to be at home with him everyday, but for now, I work. Since I do work, I try to make the most of it. The people that I work with are pretty awesome too, so we tend to get easily sidetracked. It is not a rare thing to walk upstairs in our building to loud music and dancing. I usually krank a little hip hop/alternative, my boss likes the Jon Bon Jovi and the electric slide and random others throw out country, 80's and oldies. It's a pretty good time. Anyway, I love the show THE OFFICE to no end. Jason and I watch and quote it all the time. I also love a good office prank. I finally, finally was able to pull off the cell phone in the ceiling stunt!!! Wow, one of the best days of my life! Poor unsuspecting Bobby left his phone on his desk unattended and I crept in, put a chair on his desk, stood on the chair, pushed the ceiling tile up and stashed his cellular telephone. When he came back I called his phone...yeah...he had no idea! I called for about 7 minutes. We work in cubicles so all the employment counselors were either playing along or getting really annoyed with Bobby and the endless ringing of classical music. Both my supervisors and a bunch of my upstairs co-workers came to witness and we all had a really good laugh. The downstairs team is a little lame, so hopefully this gave them a good laugh as well. If not, oh well!
I have also put a co-worker's stapler in JELLO, taken everything but the computer and phone out of someone's cube(seriously, disassembled the desk and all), had crab walk races, play movie clips over the loud speaker(my fav one to play is Chunk from The Goonies talking about the time he fake puked at the movie theater over the balcony), filmed office parodies with co-workers for our bosses award ceremony and I 'll stop there cause the list will go on and on. I guess the main purpose of this post was for me to realize that work isn't all that bad and thank goodness for funny co-workers! What would life be like with no laughter?!?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I still can't believe you actually pulled off the cell phone in the ceiling! That's the best. I have some pretty cool co-workers too and it makes a BIG difference coming to work. Office pranks are the best.

Janean said...

That is really funny! I love the show the Office too....seriously, who doesn't though? It sounds like a really fun place that you work at. You gotta make things interesting so you aren't dreading going in everyday.

angela said...

I wish I had co-workers...I don't think the old folks would enjoy any pranks of any kind...you are pretty lucky, by the way I totally miss your guts!

Melanie said...

I thought you hated work!!! Who are you going to prank working out of mom's basement. Did you really empty someone's cubicle? That is awesome.